A question about a recipe: Spanish Roasted Potato Salad

Fa1850f4 7094 4082 929e 3e73fd848016  2017 0828 potatoes white spanish hero bobbi lin 5144

I have a question about the recipe "Spanish Roasted Potato Salad" from MySocialChef. recipe calls for small potatoes - then they are sliced into halves or quarters, but the potatoes in the photo appear to be larger - confused about the size of the potatoes

asked by Ethnea over 2 years ago

The ones in the recipe are red creamers. If you scroll through the photo slideshow at the top of the recipe, you'll see a shot of someone cutting the potatoes. They appear to be standard size (what you would find in a typical grocery store), a little larger than a golf ball.

Regardless the size of the individual potatoes, the point is to cut them into bite-sized pieces.

This is for a potato salad, a dish that is customarily eaten without further slicing after serving (unless you're feeding a little kid). Think about who is going to eat them and use your best judgment in cutting them down to a size that your guests would find comfortable putting in their mouths.

Good luck.

caninechef

Besides ease of eating I think it is important to cut the potatoes so they have flat sides to maximum browning. I would go for small potatoes cut rather than tiny potatoes whole.