Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spanish Roasted Potato Salad

9808a29f 9a7b 4194 8b98 93081fdf153f  060110f 419

I have a question about the recipe "Spanish Roasted Potato Salad" from MySocialChef. recipe calls for small potatoes - then they are sliced into halves or quarters, but the potatoes in the photo appear to be larger - confused about the size of the potatoes

asked by Ethnea 8 months ago
88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

The ones in the recipe are red creamers. If you scroll through the photo slideshow at the top of the recipe, you'll see a shot of someone cutting the potatoes. They appear to be standard size (what you would find in a typical grocery store), a little larger than a golf ball.

Regardless the size of the individual potatoes, the point is to cut them into bite-sized pieces.

This is for a potato salad, a dish that is customarily eaten without further slicing after serving (unless you're feeding a little kid). Think about who is going to eat them and use your best judgment in cutting them down to a size that your guests would find comfortable putting in their mouths.

Good luck.

Besides ease of eating I think it is important to cut the potatoes so they have flat sides to maximum browning. I would go for small potatoes cut rather than tiny potatoes whole.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.