Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

What is the best platform for sharing privately with an invited group documents (including spreadsheets) that you will be updating frequently?

I plan to form an invitation-only online group of home cooks interested in seeing and sharing (if they wish) weekly or longer term menu plans – and related prep activity and similar project plans – which could be updated on an ongoing basis. Other documents sharing strategic insights, tactical know-how and simple tips / cheat codes would also be included, ideally in libraries identified by category. I’ve been thinking a Google + community or group would work, but am interested in your ideas about this. Thanks so much. ;o)

asked 6 months ago

You could do it as a blog. I know several cook book writers who start a specific blog for testing recipes.

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Dropbox is another solution similar to google drive. It is free and you gain space when you invite people. It is managed as a normal folder and you can give access to each folder/subfolder to who you want. Plus you will have a synchronized folder on you PC/MAC but you can access from any PC/Mac-s.
Not sure which one is best, with dropbox you cannot edit live, but you can earn extra space and you can access the folders from most mobile devices. Google drive you have more initial free space.
Don't use onedrive, Microsoft is all the sudden reducing the free storage space from 15GB to 5GB, pretty bad !
I found this chart that can be helpful:
http://www.cnet.com/how...

ktr

I personally have found drop box easier to use because you can share any type of file you want, including pictures. You also can access the files from either a desktop icon or online.
I'm sure there are other options out there that work as well or better but I've been very happy with dropbox thus far.