Does anyone know where I can get fresh Edamame soy beans from? The type in the pods ideally

usuba dashi
usuba dashi January 28, 2011

I can easily find them at most food stores . . Wegman's, Whole Foods, Shoprite.

mrslarkin January 28, 2011

I've only seen whole pods frozen in the frozen veggie section. Most supermarkets have them. And Costco has a frozen whole pod version that is very good, too. I've never seen them with the fresh vegetables, though.

I gave my dad edamame seeds last year to plant in his garden. The vines grew like crazy but the beans produced were smallish and not very abundant. But it was fun to see the outcome!

RobertaJ
RobertaJ January 28, 2011

Don't know where you are located, but in my area (Southern California) all the chain groceries carry them in the refrigerated produce section (by the bagged salads), as do Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I've also seen them frozen in the freezer department, both shelled and in the pods.

yvonne_cdeg
yvonne_cdeg January 28, 2011

Hi !!! COSTCO has a nice great big bag. And inside 4 or 6 individual bags of about a pound each.In the frozen food sections.
Enjoy
Yvonne

kellylhulme
kellylhulme January 29, 2011

I'm in the uk, we have Costco over here though

stilltrying
stilltrying January 29, 2011

frozen would be best this time of year - fresh would have to come from the southern hemisphere, making the 'fresh' description dubious. I have tried the frozen and they are great.

I tried to grow them too, and got almost no beans. My husband breeds soybeans, and says they are probably not very drought tolerant, so watering during podfill would be the solution

Janette
Janette May 10, 2014
www.vegetableseeds.net.au
SBMCW
SBMCW May 19, 2014

Whole Foods Salad bar. I like because you can get what you need fresh for a single meal. Salad bars are a great time saver when time is tight.