🔕 🔔

Does anyone know where I can get fresh Edamame soy beans from? The type in the pods ideally

asked by @kellylhulme almost 7 years ago

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

I can easily find them at most food stores . . Wegman's, Whole Foods, Shoprite.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I've only seen whole pods frozen in the frozen veggie section. Most supermarkets have them. And Costco has a frozen whole pod version that is very good, too. I've never seen them with the fresh vegetables, though.

I gave my dad edamame seeds last year to plant in his garden. The vines grew like crazy but the beans produced were smallish and not very abundant. But it was fun to see the outcome!

Don't know where you are located, but in my area (Southern California) all the chain groceries carry them in the refrigerated produce section (by the bagged salads), as do Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I've also seen them frozen in the freezer department, both shelled and in the pods.

3b52c1e1 90cc 498e a40f b444f2e70597  dsc06467

Hi !!! COSTCO has a nice great big bag. And inside 4 or 6 individual bags of about a pound each.In the frozen food sections.
Enjoy
Yvonne

I'm in the uk, we have Costco over here though

67bf087f e880 479d add5 0f9f3743c495  open uri20140906 32307 1jlfk11

frozen would be best this time of year - fresh would have to come from the southern hemisphere, making the 'fresh' description dubious. I have tried the frozen and they are great.

I tried to grow them too, and got almost no beans. My husband breeds soybeans, and says they are probably not very drought tolerant, so watering during podfill would be the solution

www.vegetableseeds.net.au

0e6b018e 7a47 4c6f b04c c3381ba43e25  food 52 picture

Whole Foods Salad bar. I like because you can get what you need fresh for a single meal. Salad bars are a great time saver when time is tight.