🔕 🔔

Can I get fresh figs this time of year ?

asked by Lu about 5 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Figs are not readily available in the US this time of year, I am not sure about elsewhere in the world. I found this online:
Figs have two seasons. A quick, shorter season in early summer and a second, main crop that starts in late summer and runs through fall. Figs cannot withstand temperatures much below 20

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Only if the figs are imported. Fig trees are deciduous. I have one myself and now with spring having arrived it showing the first tiniest signs of leaf development. Last year (chalk it up to climate change) I got figs very early.