🔕 🔔

Can I get fresh figs this time of year ?

asked by Lu over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Figs are not readily available in the US this time of year, I am not sure about elsewhere in the world. I found this online:
Figs have two seasons. A quick, shorter season in early summer and a second, main crop that starts in late summer and runs through fall. Figs cannot withstand temperatures much below 20

Only if the figs are imported. Fig trees are deciduous. I have one myself and now with spring having arrived it showing the first tiniest signs of leaf development. Last year (chalk it up to climate change) I got figs very early.