🔕 🔔

Trying to find the name and recipe of an Indian chicken "sausage" (no casing) type dish?

I tasted some at a party and the flavors were amazing. It looked like it was a ground meat mixture, formed into long strips, baked and then cut on the diagonal into bite-size pieces? I am pretty sure it was an Indian dish. Thank you for any assistance in figuring out what this was. It was spicy, herbal, gingery and delicious.

asked by Sadassa_Ulna about 1 year ago

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

They are kofta: Indian meatballs. This site has quite a few recipes for them. I would go for the lamb one.

Agree with Jeinde.
Just in case you get tired of the Indian ones, or want to spread your taste experiments, there are kofta (many spellings) in Turkish, Greek, Balkan, north African and Pakistani cuisines.
Not sure, but I think the dish started out Turkish and moved to south Asia with Moghal (again, many spellings) invasions.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Thank you everyone!