What are you bringing to your debate party?

The obvious snacks are taken--bread and cheese, finger vegetables and dip, hummus and pita, maybe pizza. What should we bring that's easy to serve (no utensils) and will get eaten up? Irony works, of course.

asked almost 2 years ago

1) earplugs
2) Pepto.

Layered Taco dip with tortilla chips is always a hit. Many versions but the one that I find most people like is using a can of refried black beans mixed with taco seasoning as the bottom layer, top with salsa, sour cream, shredded iceberg lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese. So easy and quite good!

caninechef

Ham?

My favorite fun app is a treat found in Texas BBQ restaurants. Pickled jalapenos halved, seeds removed, stuffed with a mixture of shredded cheese of choice, finely diced sweet onion (purple onion is pretty), just enough mayo to hold it together and a little garlic powder.

A Trump pinjata and my lucho libre mask

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

i may have a new career in horror movies

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

sorry you*

cheese puffs.

this

Jr0717

Skewers of prosciutto-wrapped melon balls (cantaloupe, of course, for a certain someone's hair color), and to borrow with respect from Sam Sifton and The New York Time's Recipe Newsletter for today, whiskey, for "taking a shot...every time Mrs. Clinton says "breaking down barriers" and each time Mr. Trump mentions "the wall.""

I laughed out loud when I saw his comment in my email box this morning.

I'd rather stick with the food topic. We had a fabulous pizza.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

The same snack I had for the other debates , Vodka. besides that Dumplings/ wontons make a great snack. Chicken wings, mini meatballs (turkey may be appropriate in this case)

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

How come nobody suggested nuts!

Jr0717

I couldn't figure out how to suggest it in a most ironic, though politically correct, manner, to be honest...

scruz

pickled tongue.

soufflé (=hot air)
crock of...um...beans

Thanks, all! It really doesn't matter what I made, but these answers got me through the day.

For those who really do care about the food, I brought shrimp and cocktail sauce, not because it's something from what made America great before, but just because the rest of the menu was pretty devoid of protein.