🔕 🔔

Is there a splatter guard for oven use?

I love Judy's oven fried chicken, but my oven gets to be a mess! There are so many crispy skin chicken recipes that use very high heat, I'd love to find one.

asked by Sammy about 1 year ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

This guard is good to 450 F. At Sur La Table
http://www.surlatable.com...

A55db16d b104 4455 97dc c93fda19c74a  image

I should have asked if anyone knew of a high domed splatter shield. The silicone flat one steams the chicken defeating the purpose of achieving crispy skin. But thank you.

AllClad makes a flat mesh one that's all metal if that's your concern.

I need a high domed splatter guard. Thank you for your reply.

I ended up making my own out of wire screen that you can buy at any home store such as Menard's or Home Depot. I cut off a large piece, folded over all of the edges several times, folded it up higher to make the sides at the height I wanted, cut up the corners, folded over and stapled into place. Then I cut two more small pieces and folded them several times to make handles and stapled them onto the sides. We like to make our meat in the oven on a rack with a cookie sheet under for the grease to drip onto, but when it hits the hot cookie sheet it splatters on the sides of the oven. I searched online and all I could find was round ones, and I wanted one that was rectangle to fit around the roaster or cookie sheet. I guess I should have made it better and patented it. LOL