🔕 🔔

Is there a splatter guard for oven use?

I love Judy's oven fried chicken, but my oven gets to be a mess! There are so many crispy skin chicken recipes that use very high heat, I'd love to find one.

asked by Sammy 9 months ago
8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

This guard is good to 450 F. At Sur La Table
http://www.surlatable.com...

A55db16d b104 4455 97dc c93fda19c74a  image

I should have asked if anyone knew of a high domed splatter shield. The silicone flat one steams the chicken defeating the purpose of achieving crispy skin. But thank you.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

AllClad makes a flat mesh one that's all metal if that's your concern.

I need a high domed splatter guard. Thank you for your reply.

I ended up making my own out of wire screen that you can buy at any home store such as Menard's or Home Depot. I cut off a large piece, folded over all of the edges several times, folded it up higher to make the sides at the height I wanted, cut up the corners, folded over and stapled into place. Then I cut two more small pieces and folded them several times to make handles and stapled them onto the sides. We like to make our meat in the oven on a rack with a cookie sheet under for the grease to drip onto, but when it hits the hot cookie sheet it splatters on the sides of the oven. I searched online and all I could find was round ones, and I wanted one that was rectangle to fit around the roaster or cookie sheet. I guess I should have made it better and patented it. LOL