what can i serve to accompany stuffed cabbage rolls

serving dinner for friends sunday night and have made a good sized pot of stuffed cabage rolls. i think there should be something else on the plate. can i have some suggestions

asked by alienor about 2 years ago

For a side dish with cabbage rolls I make small red potatoes with butter and parsley. That way everyone can take as many or few as they want and it is a nice compliment to the cabbage rolls.

1) a couple (traditional) ideas - tomato sauce & wide egg noodles, garnished with poppy seeds
2) if rice not already in the stuffing, make some good rice as a side dish
3) a wild mushroom sauce

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Warm crusty bread and butter would be delicious.

cranberry

We do boiled potatoes and/or rye bread, usually plain, to dab up the sauce. Sometimes we use a dollop of sour cream.

MMH
MMH

Pierogi?

Pat
Pat

Shredded cabbage and sauerkraut surrounding the cabbage rolls as they cook. Roasted red potatoes with Lipton Secrets onion soup mix, a nice salad, and warm bread and butter.