Raw pie dough too crumbly; can't roll it out

I made the dough yesterday, put it in the fridge all night. Now when rolling it out it's too crumbly. I probably didn't use enough water. How can I correct this now?

asked by mary smith over 1 year ago

Rose Levy Beranbaum
Rose Levy Beranbaum

Rose is author of 10 books including The Baking Bible. Her blog realbakingwithrose.com has created an international baking community.

try spritzing it with a little water and gently knead it in. cover it with plastic wrap before rolling to help it come together.

Hi Mary, don't despair! You can lightly sprinkle the dough with water (sometimes I also just rub soft butter on the dry parts), fold the dough a few times so you're sure the dry parts are no longer dry, then wrap it up and chill for 15 minutes.