should a coconut cake be in the frig, no frosting, poked holes with a fork and poured a mixture of condenced milk, whole milk, it sat out all night.

it sat out all night is it ok to eat.

asked by Judy Boyle Young almost 2 years ago

Hi Judy—do you happen to have a link to the recipe? Offhand, whole milk sitting out all night doesn't sound ideal, though the sugar in the cake would have preservative powers.

Michele

I am not the best person to answer as I really hate wasting food and will salvage however possible. It also depends on how hot the kitchen was overnight. I don't think I would eat it as is - I wouldn't be comfortable with it. But I would heat it up well - microwave or oven - and make a pouring custard, or make the custard and cut the cake up and put it in. If you heat the cake well I think it would be ok......but then again others will no doubt disagree.