🔕 🔔

Low-carb eggs benedict... anyone tried cauliflower toast?

My husband is currently on a low-carb regime and I was looking for some suggestion for a replacement for English muffins when serving eggs benedict. I've seen cauliflower "toast" floating around on the internet... has anyone tried it? Any other suggestions for something that can soak up yolk and hollandaise without being too carb heavy.

asked by KyMorgan 8 months ago

There are plenty of recipes out there for cauliflower "toast" (really a sort of pancake or fritter, and you might like one.
But I don't think it or any vegetable will have the absorbency you want and need to deal with both poached egg yolk and hollandaise.
Alternatively, I would suggest making - for your egg/brunch fix - a quiche with cauliflower crust. Maybe not as gooey/flowing a sauce as eggs benny, but you can dress it up with other goodies for a rich feeling.
Have a look:
http://lowcarbyum.com/bacon...

ktr

I have not make cauliflower toast but I have make a few good paleo biscuit recipes that might work well.
I made this one for my in laws who grew up eating biscuits and they never knew they were made without regular flour. https://www.mynaturalfamily... I have not calculated the carbs in the recipe.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Take a look at "oopsie" rolls (recipes all over the internet. Here's one:
http://healthyrecipesblogs...

New Orleans celebrates brunch with Eggs Sardou - which is pretty much the same as Eggs Benedict only made on an artichoke bottom. It's absolutely wonderful and I prefer the artichoke to the English muffin. [For the record, I get frozen artichoke bottoms in a Middle Eastern grocery.]

June, this sounds FANTASTIC! Do you have a recipe that you could recommend?

I can pm you my recipe this evening. Hope that doesn't come too late.