🔕 🔔

is my cast iron pan safe to cook in?

I picked up a square cast iron pan at a garage sale. It was obviously used for a decoration and has a family name and logo stamped into the bottom of it. Is it safe to cook with?

asked by ktr 10 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Not enough information to say, but if there's no rust there are no obvious reasons why not; you can heat it enough not to worry about bacteria and such.

ktr

There is no rust on it. I'll give it a try cooking on it. It is definitely rougher on the inside than my other cast iron skillet but I figured it was worth a dollar even it isn't great to cook in.