Double-use Tools

I thought I'd seen most doubling-up tricks but this was a new one for me: use the narrow, hinged end of a tongs to squeeze half a lemon for juice.

What are your favorites?

asked about 1 year ago

p.s. No doubt there are some Timely Tool Tips out there for the summer rentals we know all too well, with Sad Kitchens.

p.p.s. For an awesome recipe that needs only a bowl and a baking sheet, Amanda's Peach Tart is the best. Can also be made with plums, apples, whatever you wish.
https://food52.com/recipes...

Beth

I use a super fine grater, generally for zesting lemons, for garlic & ginger. I freeze the hunger first.

MMH
MMH

Summer rentals are the worst. We take our own knives and a couple of good pans. Use good paper towels like Viva in place of cheese cloth to strain yogurt for example. There are endless uses for ziploc bags - marinating, piping bag, storage. Use the back of your pan to pound meat.

Invert cast iron skillet to bake flatbread or pizza for easier removal (could also bake inside the pan).