Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

A question about the Foodpickle

I've received enough answers -- how do I take down my question?

asked by 3rdCasey almost 6 years ago
84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

You can't. That doesn't bother me, because other people may learn something from your questions and answers too. What I'd like is an "edit" function, so that I, for a brief period, could fix my typos and add the thoughts I seem to have as soon as I hit "submit answer."

Like right now. I see that food52 has your back, and it'd be nice to be able to edit!

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

3rdCasey, my name's Peter and I work at Food52.

We're likely never going to allow questions to be removed -- the questions and answers are valuable to others. But we're not far away from adding the ability to "unsubscribe" to the answers posted to a question you've asked or answered. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, I'm all ears when it comes to other suggestions about the Foodpickle.

I am so looking forward to the unsubscribe functionality. For a while I stopped commenting and answering simply because the email traffic was overwhelming, and the lack of detail in the subject lines makes it impossible for me effectively to filter. And, I'm totally with Greenstuff on the edit feature . . . . I cannot believe (and it makes me cringe just to think about) some of the errors made when the quick fingers overtake the tired brain and there's no time for proofing in hard copy. Thanks to all of you at food52 for everything that you're doing to improve the user experience. ;o)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

From both experience and observation, it seems that as soon as a question reaches p.2, it is out of sight/out of mind, so the answers quickly stop coming.
On my wish list: number the pages in reverse order so that 1 is the oldest -- then I can note where a Q is and easily go back to it.
...and now that you have those wonderful little recipe links (even though the pertinence is sometimes baffling -- could you have similar links to FP Q's? So many repeat questions!