I'm taking questions for the next hour at the food52hotline! Got a summer desert question for me? http://t.co/Cj0Z1UfGDY @food52

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel June 12, 2013

Hi Faith! Are there any no-bake desserts that you just can't stand? What didn't make the cut for the book?

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur June 12, 2013

What are some of the best bakeless desserts that can be made ahead? I love fools, but they totally die on me in the fridge.

Noah Truwit
Noah Truwit June 12, 2013

Any good crisp recipes?

Faith Durand
Faith Durand June 12, 2013

Sarah, ha! What a good question. Off the top of my head I can't think of any no-bake desserts I just can't stand; I have such a sweet tooth. I really wanted to do steamed English puddings for the book, but I ended up taking them out for space reasons. But I have a killer plum pudding recipe from an English friend; it's been handed down through the years in his family, and maybe it belongs in a future book!

Faith Durand
Faith Durand June 12, 2013

Kenzi my favorite make-ahead dessert (especially for a crowd) is an icebox cake - a layered dessert of graham crackers and pudding or whipped cream. The graham crackers get all tender; it's like a chilled layer cake. (My S'mores Pudding Cake is coming up this week on Food52...) Also, classic pudding and panna cotta both hold well in the fridge. I like to make vanilla pudding or a sour cream panna cotta and serve them for dessert with fresh fruit. Taking something out of the fridge is such an easy way to end a meal!

sexyLAMBCHOPx June 12, 2013

Do you have any diabetic friendly (sugar free) dessert winners?

Faith Durand
Faith Durand June 12, 2013

Noah, my favorite crisp/crumble of all time is this plum crumble that Molly posted a few years ago. The topping is more of a cookie crumble than a crisp, but it is seriously to die for. One of the top desserts, ever, in my kitchen: http://orangette.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-i-do-now.html

For an oatier sort of crisp, this rhubarb lavender crisp, one of my own recipes, is probably my favorite: http://www.thekitchn.com...

Faith Durand
Faith Durand June 12, 2013

sexyLAMBCHOPx I'm not a nutritionist and I don't have a lot of expertise in cooking for diabetics, so I was careful not to give strong advice about this in the book. However, I will say that panna cotta and jellies can be adapted easily to sugar-free versions. For a diabetic friend recently I made jelly cups with sugar-free root beer and topped them with unsweetened whipped cream. Along those lines, in Bakeless Sweets I have a recipe for Root Beer and Cream Soda Terrine, which has layers of root beer jelly and creamy milk jelly. Again, could easily substitute Splenda and use diet root beer.