RE: EASY EGGLESS CAKE: WHAT DOES .5 EQUAL IN THIS CAKE?

I was going to try this recipe for my toddler grandson who is allergic to eggs. Please help me with this recipe. It calls for .5 handfuls lemon. What does this equal? The .75 cups butter - 3/4 cup? Help!
[email protected]

asked by Maryann 12 months ago

Community Editor at Food52

I'm sorry Maryann, since recipes are user-submitted, every once in awhile weird ingredients like .5 handfuls lemons pops up. Hopefully the author responses, here are some vegan recipes that have all been tested, if you feel like going in a different direction: https://food52.com/recipes...

Maryann

Thanks for your reply.

The directions refer to half cup lemon juice.
Maybe the .5 handful lemon was a misprint for that.

Maryann

Thanks Nancy.

The recipe instructions do not refer to half a cup of lemon juice.

It says "juice of ½ lemon." That means cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice out of one half.

Maryann, apologies for my transposition.
cv, thanks for correction.