Does anyone recognize this kitchen implement which immigrated to Canada from Australia

As you can see it opens but with some difficulty and not very wide

Ed Rempel


cookbookchick August 21, 2017
Looks exactly like my flour duster!
Faithful August 20, 2017
It's a flour duster. When you roll out dough you dust the surface first so it doesn't stick. You open it to add flour and shake over the surface to dust.
Ed R. August 18, 2017
Thank you HalfPint. That's the closest and agrees to Dr. Google when you search.

Voted the Best Reply!

Dona August 18, 2017
Here is a picture of a Flour duster, used to spread flour on your work surface
Dona August 18, 2017
It looks like a Flour duster.
HalfPint August 18, 2017
It's a spring coil wire wisk, circa 1920 (?).
HalfPint August 18, 2017
more specifically, it's an egg whisk.
Customer-Care August 18, 2017
Photo 2/2!
Customer-Care August 18, 2017
Photo 1/2!
Nichola August 18, 2017
There's no photo attached, can you try again?
Recommended by Food52