🔕 🔔

Learning international cuisines

Just FYI... How cool is this? I can think of a lot of people in the Food52 Community who would find this interesting:

A wonderful story from this week’s Splendid Table radio show about a new entrepreneurial initiative that engages immigrants with deep culinary knowledge of their country's techniques to teach others (right now, in the U.S.A.), from their own homes. http://www.splendidtable...

The initiative is called The League of Kitchens (leagueofkitchens.com)

asked almost 2 years ago
092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Very interesting! Thanks, Pegeen.

It is a good idea and may generate some money for people who can use it.

On a more informal basis, I have cooked with refugees from Syria, Palestine, and Afghanistan. We have done some German foods as well as foods that these women made back home. It has gone very well and created a lot of opportunity to work together and get to know each other over a good meal.

I love this idea! We have a local incubator kitchen that assists people in launching food carts, products, and restaurants, but teaching small classes is another opportunity for some cross-cultural learning, eating and friendship.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Informally, I have learned Dominican, Puerto Rican, and Indian dishes. Never got so much from books. So much of value in this idea! Thank you for sharing!

Fun to read about everyone's experiences and insights. It just seems like such a great idea for building community. Hope they are able to keep it going.