I forgot to add stabilizer while making ice cream base! Is there any way to fix this?

I am making ice cream and completely spaced adding the stabilizer (I normally use powdered ice cream stabilizer rather than cornstarch etc.) Is there any way to fix it?? Or am I totally up a creek?

asked by Mei Chin 12 months ago

former Community Editor

Ah, Mei, I'm so sorry you didn't get an answer to this in time! What did you end up doing?

Sorry this late. I think the ice cream will be fine. Might no hold as long but if you eat it quickly, should be ok. Most of the ice cream I make have no stabilizers or even cornstarch, so I can attest to the ice cream being perfectly fine.