🔕 🔔

I forgot to add stabilizer while making ice cream base! Is there any way to fix this?

I am making ice cream and completely spaced adding the stabilizer (I normally use powdered ice cream stabilizer rather than cornstarch etc.) Is there any way to fix it?? Or am I totally up a creek?

asked by Mei Chin 5 months ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Ah, Mei, I'm so sorry you didn't get an answer to this in time! What did you end up doing?

Sorry this late. I think the ice cream will be fine. Might no hold as long but if you eat it quickly, should be ok. Most of the ice cream I make have no stabilizers or even cornstarch, so I can attest to the ice cream being perfectly fine.