🔕 🔔

I forgot the sugar in my pie dough 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 Think it’s worthwhile to still give it a go for pecan pie, or start again?

asked by @acelles 5 months ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

It should be fine. The filling is probably sweet enough. It will taste delicious.

Cd2951d7 3dce 4f7e 9c1e e215e64cae33  transparent 600px

If you have time, start again and freeze the sugar-free batch in the freezer for a future project or experiment.

I assume this is for a pie you are serving to Thanksgiving dinner guests.

Many pie crust recipes don't call for sugar. You'll be fine - in fact it probably will be better without the sugar, when used for a pecan pie, (I've been making pecan pies for my sweetheart for over 35 years and I can't remember ever using a crust with sugar. ) Happy Thanksgiving! ;o)

Eb2e95be d4aa 4149 83fa 65e3c0783594  stringio

i would echo stephanie and antonia about the filling being sweet enough! however, if you're really concerned about how sweet the pie dough is, you could try rolling it out in something sweet, like cookie crumbs: https://food52.com/blog...