🔕 🔔

Can you freeze coconut custard and lemon meringue pie

I asked this question before, receiving no answer. Can you answer it now please.

asked by Diane about 2 months ago

added about 2 months ago

Custard doesn't freeze well; it tends to separate. I don't think meringue freezes well either.

added about 2 months ago

yes. I work in a bakery. We cool our custard pies once they are no longer hot in the freezer to get them down to a safe temp quickly. Have accidentally left them in the freezer a few times and tasted them; no separation or reduction in quality. We use egg white powder when making meringue pies and one night someone put all the meringue pies in the freezer overnight-we tasted one the next day and there was no weeping of the meringue or bad texture; they were ok.

A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

added about 2 months ago

Hi Diane, just FYI the question answerers on this forum come from the community -- it's no one's job to answer it. So, getting your answer answered isn't guaranteed in any space of time. I enjoy helping out when I have a bit of time, but only volunteer answers to questions when I have specific relevant knowledge.