first sunday dinner

I can't think of a menu for sunday dinner that'll please both adults and kids. please help!

• Posted by: lena
  • March 5, 2018

Rachelwrites
Rachelwrites March 5, 2018

a roast chicken or pork roast with mac and cheese! add a salad and bread

creamtea March 5, 2018

Roasted chicken, roasted potatoes. Many vegetable choices: roasted cauliflower, broccoli, or cole slaw. Kids will eat whatever is good and flavorful!

Orts_of_sorts
Orts_of_sorts March 5, 2018

Is it for a special occasion or an ordinary Sunday dinner? Casseroles can be pleasing to both adults and children, especially if it's something fun like Tater Tot casserole. A traditional roast beef with potatoes and carrots can also be a hit with grown ups and little ones. For something a little fancier a small turkey roasted in the oven with mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, side dish of asparagus.

lena
lena March 5, 2018

just an ordinary sunday dinner.

HalfPint March 5, 2018

I would make Spaghetti & Meatballs which most kids and adults love.

Nancy March 5, 2018

I recently heard of a wedding where the whole party was served the food that would normally be served at the kids' table (like sliders and chicken fingers), on the grounds that everyone gravitated there and nibbled away anyway. Mostly a big hit (except for a few old timers who thought it wasn't somehow dignified enough.)
If your family is up for this sort of thing, you could serve the same dishes for all, just have a couple more complicated or stronger tasting sauces for the adults, and different drinks.
End with an easy, fun dessert...ice cream bar, waffles, brownies or the like.

BerryBaby March 5, 2018

Sunday Pot Roast Supper, the most requested dinner of family and friends. I created this for my husband, however Sunday supper growing up was pot roast too. Recipe is posted under my profile.