🔕 🔔

How to prevent sliced banana from browning?

I would like to slice some bananas in advance of actually using them. Is there something I can do to keep them from turning brown that will not alter the flavor or texture? With avocados, I just run them under cold water.

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

You might be able to pop it in the freezer to use in a smoothie or let slowly defrost later, but to be perfectly honest -- not sure there's a good way to do this. I don't believe juicing a bit of citrus over it would help a banana, though you could give that a whirl...

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I've not found a good way to do this--neither citrus nor yogurt seems to quite do the trick. But I can tell you that a half banana, still in the peel, can be kept from turning brown on its exposed end by spreading a bit of peanut butter or cream cheese over it. It's delicious to bite off later!

F74e20ae 3da8 46eb b05e 76ef17741370  img 0777 2

leon juice..

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

drizzle with a citrus juice