Browned bananas

What are some things to do with browned bananas; you know, other than make banana bread? Can I peel them and freeze them? I think I remember hearing that but can't be for sure. What about smoothies? Thanks!

asked by WannabeBaker about 6 years ago

Yes, you can peel them and freeze them for smoothies, ice cream, more banana bread...

GiGi26

I always have frozen "ripe" bananas in the freezer. Great for all the things Greenstuff mentioned. I just peel them and put thiem in ziplock bags. It will be fine if you leave the peels on they are just a little hard to peel when frozen.

Last summer my farm stand had tons of extra ripe bananas. I also froze a bunch. And I made this:

cookbookchick

I agree - peel and freeze them. I wrap each one in plastic wrap and then put them all in a big Ziploc type so I can take out one at a time if need be for smoothies, etc. btw, a frozen banana is easy to break in half, if you need less than a whole one.

Dagny Evans

Sauté them in butter with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Go so far as to flambé them and serve them over ice cream. You could also top them with the previous.t mentioned seasoning and broil them.

cookingProf

I cut over ripe bananas into 1-inch pieces and freeze them. I then make rum-raisin ice cream with them: Soak raisins in rum over night. Process the frozen bananas in a food processor until creamy (may add sugar to taste). Fold in the raisins and a few teaspoons of the rum. Return to the freezer for a few hours.

Truly Scrumptious

you don't need to peel them before you freeze them... just freeze them whole.
when you are ready for them just let them be for a few... maybe five minuites. while still frozen, the outer peel is thawing enough for you to handle safely with a pairing knife to peel them..

petitbleu

Banana ice cream is surprisingly delicious. Simply add pureed banana to your favorite vanilla ice cream recipe. Banana pudding is always nice, if you're into that sort of thing. Try making a banana upside down cake--I imagine the bananas would get nicely caramelized. Or, use the basic recipe for taste tatin, and sub bananas for apples.

stackpointer

http://lickyourfingers...

Banana patties?

cover banana slices and dip in melted choclate, cool and freeze. delicious snack.

pauljoseph

Try this banana patties with Coconut http://www.food52.com/recipes...