I am doing a Hunger Games theme birthday party for my daughter. I would like to make a dessert, that when I brulee it, a mockingjay is revealed.

Any ideas?

asked by Darren Bagley about 2 months ago

Emmie
added about 2 months ago

Maybe a creme brulee where you only put sugar in a mockingjay pattern? Or something with a Mockingjay of meringue.

added about 2 months ago

Another way to go (not as dramatic as your brulee+reveal idea) is to adapt the giant chocolate chip cookies that are made to serve as dessert for a whole dinner party.
To adapt -
* bake on a sheet pan, not in a skillet.
* shape a fairly stiff cookie dough to resemble the bird (sketch out first on parchment paper)
* replace the choc chip dough with a simpler one, like shortbread, to provide a clean background for paints
* finish with edible paints
* present in the dark with birthday candles

Miss Karen
added about 1 month ago

You could use a stencil of the Mockingjay for the sugar on top and then torch it.

Miss Karen
added about 1 month ago