Need ideas for what to make with nopales (prickly pear cactus)!

I got one at the farmers market and thought I'd try pickling it? Other ideas OR tips on how to pickle it please!

asked by Natalie 6 months ago

Jerry

When I was a kid one of my aunts used to make one of my favorite breakfast dishes: nopales, chorizo and eggs. You'll need to cook the nopales first. Just search for those three words on Google and you'll find a ton of recipes.

Valhalla

My local taqueria puts them in tacos and on huaraches--wonderful!
This recipe looks reliable: https://www.foodandwine...

Scrambled eggs and nopales are pretty good. Prep and clean the paddles. Slice thinly and boil to get rid of the slime that comes out when you cook it. Then scramble with some eggs, chilis, and s/p. This was my favorite way to enjoy nopales.