Question regarding a Dutch Baby.

I can't believe that I am new to Dutch Baby's. My kids are in high school!! I have seen some recipes calling for blending the batter. Other recipes specifically state to keep the bladder clumpy indicating that it will be tough if you work it completely smooth. I would love to hear the community's thoughts on the two different camps.
Thanks!

asked by Cathy about 2 months ago

added about 2 months ago

I just mix it in a bowl with my whisk to avoid over-mixing. My mother does it in a blender, but my opinion is, why bother with washing out a blender? Both ways work; the batter doesn't have to be smooth.

cranberry
added about 2 months ago

I always use a blender and then let the batter sit while the oven and pan heat up.

MNLisaB
added about 1 month ago

Dutch babies are a house specialty here, I do a lot of savory options. I have never used a blender, just whisk very well and have always had great results.

Sara Branscum
added about 1 month ago

You will get a better rise up the sides of the pan if the batter is in (near) room temperature.