How do I make cake mix into cookies?

I am doing halloween witch hat cookies and it says to use the betty crocker devils cake mix as cookies and it says to use 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 eggs but on the box of the cake mix it says 1/2 oil and 3 eggs plus water. So do I add the extra eggs and oil to the cake mix as well as what's required or just go with what they said for cookies?

702551
702551 October 29, 2018

I suggest you contact the Betty Crocker help desk. There's likely a phone number and/or URL printed on the box. A quick web search would also reveal the location of their website.

There's a decent chance that their site has recipes. It's in the best interest of a manufacturer to ensure that consumer users have a happy experience with their products.

Contact them quickly, you are running out of time.

Best of luck.

Jackie
Jackie October 29, 2018

The way I am understanding the recipe is it's the cake mix plus 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs (they are not in addition to the oil and eggs listed on the box). It's 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs total.

Nancy October 30, 2018

Logic goes with the directions and Jackie's interpretation...to make cookies you want a denser batter than for cake.
Here's a recipe from Betty Crocker which uses even less oil & no water.
See what you think.
Hope they turn out.
Maybe send us a photo when you're finished, yes? :)
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cake-mix-chocolate-cookies/b181b72f-4126-4796-b851-e2be6b33a440