I have a question about wet brining a turkey. Can my turkey still be partially frozen when I start the brining process?

How long should it take to roast a spatchcocked, 20 pound, wet brined turkey?

asked by Eileen Schleifer 28 days ago

Caroline Lan-Jan Harris

Hi Eileen! Good news, you can actually simultaneously thaw and brine your turkey. It should defrost by the time your turkey is perfectly brined!

Eileen Schleifer

Thank you! Such a relief because my turkey is still frozen solid and will probably need to a wet bath to help it thaw! So thankful you and Food 52 are here to help.

MMH
MMH

I’ve also got a great hack from Lynn Rosetta Kasper which I’ve usd with a frozen turkey. Put the turkey and brine in one of those huge 40 gal zip loc bags. Put that in a cooler.