🔕 🔔

I have a 18 lb frozen turkey. Started to thaw it out today in refridgerator. I want to "brine" the turkey. How do I do this? When? Thanks

asked by Vic almost 7 years ago

10e51050 649e 4a85 8af7 2b896997a1c4  image rcfbkcspubjytgbefpoq lrg

It's about 24 hrs for 5lbs, so figure 3 days. Brining usually takes 24-48 hours, I don't know if this is feasible.

Dc4f378d 9c5f 4bc7 bccc a12dec743a08  pic

You can thaw it out faster in cold water. I would thaw it out in the fridge for the next two days, then brine it wednesday afternoon. The cold water and salt will help it defrost so it should be ready to go Thursday morning.