Is it possible to have an item purchased from the online store gift wrapped before shipping?

Thank you.

Customer Care
Customer Care December 8, 2018

Hi Mrs Beryl Patmore,

That's a terrific question! As it turns out, our Shop is drop ship, which means that each of our merchants ship their products directly from their workshops, warehouses and studios. Because of this, we're unable to offer extra gift packaging at the moment.

However, the good news is that there's an option at checkout to add a gift note, and we never include prices on our packing slips—which is great for gift giving!

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. We're always here to lend a hand!

Best wishes and happy holidays,
The Food52 Customer Care Team

Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith January 13, 2019

Hi, Beryl! I think it depends on the store. Many now send their goods in beautiful packages, it is part of the service. If you order goods to yourself, I would advise to pay attention to reviews of shop, in each region there are good shops. For example, when I'm visiting my cousin in Hünenberg, we often order food to be cooked in https://www.feinkost-shop.ch/. Hope you find what you're looking for!