A question about a recipe: Urvashi Pitre's "Now & Later" Instant Pot Butter Chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Urvashi Pitre's "Now & Later" Instant Pot Butter Chicken" from Urvashi Pitre. What if I dont have an Instant Pot? Can I still make it in my Le Cruset Pot on the stove, or in the oven? Do you change the amount of any of the ingredients or procedure?

• Posted by: Nancy
  • December 31, 2018

1 Comment

BakerBren
BakerBren December 31, 2018

Nancy, I made this in my 5.5qt Le Creuset and it worked great. It took longer--I think I cooked it for closer to an hour. I didn't alter any of the ingredients or measurements, although I will make more rice next time and I ended up with more like 3-4 servings than the stated 4-6 since I served it as my main course.

Nancy December 31, 2018

Thank you for your quick and helpful response!

BakerBren
BakerBren December 31, 2018

Nancy, You're very welcome. By the way, I just looked back at the recipe and I realized a slight change I made that worked out well--I dry toasted the spices in the pot before completing step 2. And I added a little butter to the spices to bloom them after the initial dry toasting. Then i proceeded with the rest of step 2 and beyond.