🔕 🔔

Has anyone used Dr. Bronner's soap for doing dishes? How does it do with greasy dishes?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

I've never used it on dishes, but when I've volunteered on vegetable farms it was great for washing off my sweaty grime at the end of the day. (Was that TMI?)

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I used to use Dr. Bronners. It is very sudsy, and many years ago I stopped using it because I could not get the soapy residue out of my dishes. The oils in the formula are very concentrated, and leave a film. I believe you can buy Caldera at WFM. I like that product.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Dr. Bronner's has a household all-in-one that I use for washing dishes. It's called Sal Suds, for some reason. It's also good at getting food stains out of clothes (not that I would know anything about spilling all over myself...).

Wow - thanks for that tip, Kristen. I did not realize that Dr. Bronner's actually had a household soap. I'll give it a test.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I know people who have used Dr. Bronner's soaps for any and all cleaning uses, including in place of toothpaste and shampoo. I have used it in a pinch to wash dishes (hand wash, not machine) and laundry too, but Sal Suds is meant for house uses. You're not likely to see it on a store shelf, but ask the retailer to order it for you.