Has anyone used Dr. Bronner's soap for doing dishes? How does it do with greasy dishes?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Peter
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

I've never used it on dishes, but when I've volunteered on vegetable farms it was great for washing off my sweaty grime at the end of the day. (Was that TMI?)

Bevi

I used to use Dr. Bronners. It is very sudsy, and many years ago I stopped using it because I could not get the soapy residue out of my dishes. The oils in the formula are very concentrated, and leave a film. I believe you can buy Caldera at WFM. I like that product.

Dr. Bronner's has a household all-in-one that I use for washing dishes. It's called Sal Suds, for some reason. It's also good at getting food stains out of clothes (not that I would know anything about spilling all over myself...).

Bevi

Wow - thanks for that tip, Kristen. I did not realize that Dr. Bronner's actually had a household soap. I'll give it a test.

I know people who have used Dr. Bronner's soaps for any and all cleaning uses, including in place of toothpaste and shampoo. I have used it in a pinch to wash dishes (hand wash, not machine) and laundry too, but Sal Suds is meant for house uses. You're not likely to see it on a store shelf, but ask the retailer to order it for you.