How about using it in place of the balsamic reduction in this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com...

Egle

Mmm. sounds great! Thanks.
I've also found a recipe of making Mugolio Ice Cream: http://www.bojongourmet.com/2009/09/mugolio-pine-cone-bud-extract-ice-cream.html
Must be a nice desert as well.

mtrelaun

I like it drizzled on ricotta crostini, and as a substitute for fruit liqueurs in kirs, spritzers and cocktails. Market Hall Foods suggests mugolio can be used as a sauce for duck: http://bit.ly/mtkfQ6

nomnivorous

What does this taste like? I'm very intrigued now.

and where did you get it? I assume that in addition to tasting amazing, it has therapeutic uses.

Dan Soloway
Dan Soloway

Dan is the founder of Kitchen Options

This product is produced from Mugo Pine Tree buds in Northern Italy. I first saw it years ago before I began importing - I wish I was the first. You can use the syrup as you would balsamic vinegar (aged and of good quality) or dark honey (think chestnut honey). Try it with fruit (figs, maybe strawberries), parmesan cheese, pork or venison. Ricotta, mascarpone and ice cream topping are all great ideas from previous posts.

Egle

Dan, thanks a lot! maybe you have your own truly beloved way to this awesome stuff? :)

DavidDeckinger

Dan is spot on for it's uses. Susan G - You can find pine cone syrup at Pike Global Foods.

Ron Ohlendorf

Go to www.splendidtable.org and search for "Pear Rosemary Pine" marmalade recipe. It could easily be modified to make a glaze for baked salmon.