@foodpickle http://t.co/skiCTiH I'd love to try this but am balking at the 8C heavy cream. Any ideas on how to lighten it w/o losing taste?

asked by @lakeline about 7 years ago

Perhaps half stock, half cream?

Peter
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

For what it's worth, it does say the recipe serves 12, so it's only 2/3rds of a cup of cream per person.

wssmom

Eight cups heavy cream? Wow. I'd sub in either milk thickened with a little cornstarch or flour; some cottage cheese or ricotta (being careful when heating so it doesn't curdle), or the old standby, evaporated skim milk.

I think I'd start by subbing light cream for the heavy. Using stock would probably taste great, but it would definitely alter the flavor profile the creator of the recipe intended.