Do-ahead Strawberry Shortcake

How far ahead of time can I make the shortcakes for the strawberry shortcake I'm serving this evening? If I can make them, say, six-eight hours ahead of time, how should they be kept in the interim? Thanks!

asked by wssmom over 7 years ago

Yes, you can absolutely make them ahead of time. I'd let them cool completely, then let them sit in a cool place until you're ready to serve them. No need to cover them.

wssmom

Thanks so much, Amanda! Since I am working today as, obviously, are you, this makes tonight's festivities that much easier.

Helen's All Night Diner

I made some yesterday for a dinner party last night. I ended up heating up the biscuits at the last minute just to crisp the edges back up a bit. They were great!

wssmom

Amanda and Helen, thank you! The shortcakes turned out fine and were a perfect punctuation to the evening!

Oh, great!