🔕 🔔

Mystery Squash: What is this?

C9a726ef 95d0 4904 ba94 3d6cdff9c8e1  odd squash 2

My cousin's next door neighbor accidentally grew this squash from something that sneaked into her garden from the compost pile. Does anyone know what it is? I included a picture with some of the leaves, which smell awful, by the way.

asked by ENunn over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

It looks like it might be aspiring to be a cucuzza! http://bit.ly/qvvPdU

I've never eaten (or smelled) one, but I have seen piles of enormous ones at markets in Italy.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

its a doodhi or ghia. you'll find them in most Indian stores. Its a mainstay of post partum cuisine, supposed to facilitate lactation!