what is your point of view?

I am working on essays and I need some ideas of culinary point of views. If you can answer this it would be a great help Thanks.

pierino August 1, 2011

This is perhaps the strangest question ever asked at Food Pickle. Could you maybe narrow down what you mean by culinary point of view? Specific cuisine? Culinary tutelage? Meat v Vegan????

a Whole Foods Market Customer

If you are looking for a cook's point of view, there's Anthony Bourdain's classic "Kitchen Confidential", and many, many more. I've always loved the book "Making of a Pastry Chef", as it has recipes, stories, and insights from multiple chefs. If you are looking for varied perspectives, you might find food blogs especially helpful. Saveur magazine awards top food blogs each year. Here's a list of Saveur's top picks for 2011 - http://bit.ly/ilJa3x

Cheesecake '12
Cheesecake '12 August 1, 2011

Thank you so much

nutcakes
nutcakes August 1, 2011

Before The Making of a Pastry Chef, there is The Making of a Chef. That should help you. It's at my library. Author Michael Rhulman

SKK August 1, 2011

One of my favorites is My Life in France about Julia Child's cooking experiences. Her nephew wrote it.

Greenstuff August 1, 2011

My point of view is first of all grounded in good ingredients and secondly, but truly not less important, traditions. I tend to ground my cooking in one or another European culture, with excursions to colonial America, Asia, or other locations. It can be anywhere, but the point is that I'm aware of the roots. But first off, good ingredients.