🔕 🔔

what is your point of view?

I am working on essays and I need some ideas of culinary point of views. If you can answer this it would be a great help Thanks.

asked by Cheesecake '12 almost 6 years ago
79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

This is perhaps the strangest question ever asked at Food Pickle. Could you maybe narrow down what you mean by culinary point of view? Specific cuisine? Culinary tutelage? Meat v Vegan????

Wholefoods user icon

If you are looking for a cook's point of view, there's Anthony Bourdain's classic "Kitchen Confidential", and many, many more. I've always loved the book "Making of a Pastry Chef", as it has recipes, stories, and insights from multiple chefs. If you are looking for varied perspectives, you might find food blogs especially helpful. Saveur magazine awards top food blogs each year. Here's a list of Saveur's top picks for 2011 - http://bit.ly/ilJa3x

Thank you so much

Before The Making of a Pastry Chef, there is The Making of a Chef. That should help you. It's at my library. Author Michael Rhulman

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

One of my favorites is My Life in France about Julia Child's cooking experiences. Her nephew wrote it.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

My point of view is first of all grounded in good ingredients and secondly, but truly not less important, traditions. I tend to ground my cooking in one or another European culture, with excursions to colonial America, Asia, or other locations. It can be anywhere, but the point is that I'm aware of the roots. But first off, good ingredients.