🔕 🔔

Ack! Used egg WHITE in cobbler dough instead of yolk...salvageable????

Just prepped a disk of cobbler topping with flour, sugar, butter, ice water and....Ann egg white instead of yolk. dUH...I reached for wrong cup in my early morning fog. It all processed together quickly to correct consistency and am thinking about topping off my lush peaches and nectarines with it and trying to bake it as per recipe...is this idiotic? Maybe with a few extra dots of butter on top....just because. Disk of dough is now resting in fridge.

asked by helicopterina almost 6 years ago

11bc2449 c39a 4066 bcf5 67763145f97e  bananacakewithtangyvanilla

OK, just pulled it out of the oven and it worked! Phew....

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Thanks for the lesson!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Share it w/me!