Ack! Used egg WHITE in cobbler dough instead of yolk...salvageable????

Just prepped a disk of cobbler topping with flour, sugar, butter, ice water and....Ann egg white instead of yolk. dUH...I reached for wrong cup in my early morning fog. It all processed together quickly to correct consistency and am thinking about topping off my lush peaches and nectarines with it and trying to bake it as per recipe...is this idiotic? Maybe with a few extra dots of butter on top....just because. Disk of dough is now resting in fridge.

asked by helicopterina about 7 years ago

helicopterina

OK, just pulled it out of the oven and it worked! Phew....

Thanks for the lesson!

Share it w/me!