🔕 🔔

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I think a yellow cake with a whipped cream or swiss meringue buttercream would be delicious.

I love the idea of whipped cream icing, too - keeps the flavors nice and light. Maybe some lime juice and zest in the cake?

i make a coconut cake with a mango filling - i've made it with both a white 7 minute frosting with toasted coconut and a chocolate ganache glaze. both were delicious!

15e23675 44ea 4ae1 80be cb0741acd112  ehanhan4

all this talk of a whipped cream frosting sounds delightful. a simple white or yellow cake, and lime, coconut, ginger, or berries would be good with the mango, depending on the direction you want to take it.

I would likewise suggest yellow cake. And I agree with nomnivorous as far as the flavor combos she suggests. But I think you could just as easily make an American or meringue buttercream as opposed to the whipped cream. I particularly like the idea of raspberries and mango, but given the end of berry season, it might be best to go with one of the other flavor combos. Or if you have more than one layer, you can use the mango filling in between one and raspberry jam in between the other. I also think you can do a chocolate ganache frosting, with great results.

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Cardamom also goes well with mango. I'd do a simple yellow cake with a dash of cardamom added, frosted with coconut frosting.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Sdebrango's got it! Plus some fresh coconut!

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

fresh ginger, lime zest, tamarind, lychee, coconut, lemongrass, szechuan peppercorn, cardamon.

hint: for the sugar in the recipe: grind in food processor with any of these ingredients, especially citrus zest, and you will be able to perfume your cake batter better.

09e96f32 5fc6 465f ae05 9f156b104560  family feb2012 version 2

I made this Tres Leches Cake with coconut for my son's birthday a couple of years ago. The recipe calls for strawberries and kiwis on top, but I used mangos. Super!
http://www.epicurious.com...