🔕 🔔

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Most peach cobbler recipes call for 1 cup all-purpose flour. Sub for this: 1/2 cup brown rice, amaranth, or millet flour. 1/2 cup sweet rice flour. 2-3 Tbls tapioca or potato starch. It should work well. I'll see if I can find my own peach cobbler recipe when I'm home later today and I'll type it up for you.

09e96f32 5fc6 465f ae05 9f156b104560  family feb2012 version 2

Whole Foods carries a line of mixes called Pamela's. You could use the pancake mix. Make as for pancakes, pour over your fruit, sprinkle with a little sugar, and bake.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

If you're not so attached to making a GF biscuit for the cobbler, making a crisp/crumble topping is easier and can allow the GF flour flavor to really shine. If you really want to make a GF biscuit I suggest you don't roll them quite as thick as one would a wheat flour biscuit. {this is a few years old now, but it gives you an idea}

Wheat flour has more growing/rising/leavening properties and in order to "mimic" a GF approximation I fear you would have to add far too much baking powder than your mouth would desire as an end result.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Syronai's mix should work well; you can mix and match gluten-free flours in a ratio of one-half medium weight flour, 1/4 part light flour and 1/4 cup starch such as tapioca; e.g. 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup millet flour and 1/4 cup tapioca starch with some guar gum or xantham gum (1/4 teaspoon) added.