🔕 🔔

Red not so delicious apples

I plan to make Merril's applesauce cake to use up my overripe fujis. But I also have a bunch of red delicious apples, which I normally don't care for, and which I especially don't care for when they are under ripe, which these were and still are. Any suggestions?

asked by ATG117 almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

You can make apple cider applesauce, the cider adds more flavor throw in a cinnamon stick while you cook. I have used flavor challenged apples and the applesauce was good when made with the cider.

You could make an apple salad, adding a couple of Granny Smiths for flavor, color contrast and crunch. I toss cubed apples with chunks of pineapple (with a bit of juice) and a handful each of coconut and raisins, and stir a tablespoon or two of mayo through it. The original recipe added mini-marshmallows.