🔕 🔔

Is peanut butter a condiment

asked by Kitchen Butterfly about 7 years ago

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

This is hardly an official answer, just my opinion! But I think it could be used as such. I pondered whether my mustard butter was a condiment as well...deciding it was, especially when adding other ingredients to it.

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

I'd have to agree with Sagegreen on this one- the definition of 'condiment' in the Food Lover's Companion is as follows:

"A savory, piquant, spicy or salty accompaniment to food, such as a relish, sauce, mixture of spices and so on. Ketchup and mustard are two of the most popular condiments."

Plus, I'd love to see your recipe(s) for peanut butter!

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I once had a Goober Burger, goober being a name for a peanut, at a diner and peanut butter in that case was indeed a condiment. It was spread on the bun like mayonnaise. Surprisingly good to I must add.

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Thanks