🔕 🔔

Why doesn't my bread rise

asked by caferrer almost 6 years ago

Beca7451 7105 4ac2 8874 7b10f85fdfe4  p1030880 2

The dough or the final product? If the dough - Several possibilities - your yeast may be too old (test by just mixing with a 1/4 cup water and leaving it for a while to see if it foams), or it may not be warm enough where you're trying to rise. Yeast can also be killed if you put too-hot water on it. The final bread won't rise if the dough didn't rise enough.

It also won't rise if you left the yeast out entirely, which I've done a couple of times - just a little too much multi-tasking ; )) Check the expiration date on your yeast to be sure it's still viable.

Too much yeast would cause a rise & collapse, or too much salt could prevent a good rise.

Or no sugar a little sugar is like food for your yeast and your water has to be a little more then warm I keep my yeast in the fridge even when in powder form