🔕 🔔

How do you reheat leftover prime rib without overcooking it?

Made a gloriously medium rare roast last night, have a big chunk leftover. Want to reheat for dinner, but not turn it into a well-done brick. What can I do to bring it back to life for a second go-around?

asked by stacey_ballis almost 6 years ago

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

That is always tricky! We have had some luck by boiling some low sodium beef broth, then take it off the heat, and place the leftover roast in the pan, cover and wait 3-5 minutes to warm. Would rather eat it Luke warm than overdone. Usually I prefer to slice leftovers very thinly and eat cold with horseradish cream.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I agree with lori's last suggestion -- better to just slice it and let it come to room temp than risk losing that perfect medium rare!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I would steam it, covered loosely with foil. Add au jus as required to keep moist.

I'm with the cold sliced on a sandwich faction. What do you really need? White bread, prepared horseradish or horseradish sauce, mayonanaise iceberg lettuce, maybe some gherkins on the side. Often less is more.