Recommended menu for hosting my son's hockey team's holiday party?

I need lunch for the 13 kids on the team, plus 26 adults and who knows how many siblings! Thanks!

asked by brooklynsam almost 7 years ago

What ages for the kids? Meat balls and pasta. Swedish meat balls maybe with the creme sauce.
A quiche with greens and onions.
A vegie tray with hummus, and other dips. Pita Bread.
Salad with dressing choices. Cheese plate with crackers and good bread.
Hummm..Holiday? Ham--but you would need a Kosher option.
Roast beef, boiled shrimp (cocktail sauce).
Fruit salad..a fruit based desert, or Banana Pudding, or pies.
An Asian style stir fry would keep well on a steam table, with lettuce wraps.

mac n cheese, meatloaf, french fries, onion rings, ice cream/milk shakes and cookies for dessert.

Or make it easy and do wraps for everyone!

Or be real lazy and order pizza!

Good luck!

How about trays of home-made baked ziti and turkey sausages with peppers & onions, garlic bread and a big ceasar salad. Italian ices and some cakes for dessert.

J Azarela

Pulled pork. It stays warm in the crock pot through out the party and can be made the day before. Cornbread, salad, cookies, brownies . Let people bring something

Buy a bunch of skirt steak and trim it into rounds and then over cook them until they are the texture of hockey pucks. This is easier than it sounds---I've seen it done before. Hockey players are a hungry lot so make sure there is enough food. Go Blackhawks!

bigpan

Whatever you come up with make life easy for yourself...a casserole and salad. I also agree all kids and adults like spaghetti and meatballs!

ellenl

How about American chop suey? IPeople seem to love it--even adults---can do a big pot for meat eaters and another big pot for the vegetarians. And salad.