If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Laura Secord Canadian Cook Book —Karen T
Serves: makes 15 small tarts
cup Raisins or currants
cup soft butter
cup lightly packed brown sugar
cup corn syrup
slightly beaten eggs
teaspoon lemon juice
- Pour boiling water over raisins or currants. Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice
- Stir in raisins or currants.
- Fill pastry-lined muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Do not allow filling to bubble.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)