Author Notes: Laura Secord Canadian Cook Book —Karen T
Serves: makes 15 small tarts
cup Raisins or currants
cup soft butter
cup lightly packed brown sugar
cup corn syrup
slightly beaten eggs
teaspoon lemon juice
In This Recipe
- Pour boiling water over raisins or currants. Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice
- Stir in raisins or currants.
- Fill pastry-lined muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Do not allow filling to bubble.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)