If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this clafoutis recipe from one that I found in Culture Magazine. The original recipe was written for plums and called for twice as much milk and cream as well as 1 cup of A/P Flour which I replaced with 1/2 cup of Almond Flour. I decided to adapt this recipe for a friend who can only eat Gluten-Free. We found it so delicious that I don't feel the need to even attempt the original recipe. —VivianBoroff
Serves: 4 - 6 people
Large Black Mission Figs
Large eggs + 2 yolks
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup almond flour
cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Butter a 1.5 quart shallow baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour and salt and set to the side.
- Whip the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Gradually add the almond flour mixture to the egg mixture. Mix until well incorporated. The consistency should be that of a thin crepe batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and place the figs in the dish with the cut side facing up so that it will just peek out of the batter.
- Dot the surface with the cold butter and bake until golden about 35 – 45 minutes or until its no longer runny at the center.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.