If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In high school I had a friend from Greece, and if I helped her with her English homework, her mom would feed me. That was a good deal. Sadly, she returned to Greece and probably didn't learn much English grammar from me, but hey, I came out with recipes.
This is also pretty much my go to recipe for entertaining vegetarians or potlucks including vegetarians, since all my Southern recipes seem to include bacon grease... —PeachyCallahan
Serves: 4-6, depending on if you're making an entree or a side
cup olive oil
cups chopped fresh tomatoes
cloves garlic, finely chopped
cup chopped onion
cup chopped Italian parsley
cup crumbled feta cheese
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your eggplants in 1/2" slices.
- Place eggplant in a baking dish. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. broil on both sides until lightly browned, about 10 minutes on each side.
- While the eggplant is browning, prepare the sauce. Saute garlic and onion in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the saute pan. Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and set your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon sauce over eggplant slices. Sprinkle with feta and parsley and drizzle with additional olive oil.Return to preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or with basmati for a vegetarian entree.