If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the spirit of St. Patrick's day, here is a traditional recipe that I've always had alongside my corned beef. It's also a great substitute for mashed potatoes. —Kmack
- 1 Head of Cabbage - Shredded
- 5-6 Boiled Potatoes - Mashed
- .5 pounds Bacon
- .5 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a large pot. Once crisp, remove bacon and drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- Add cabbage and salt to the pot and cook over medium heat until tender and glossy.
- Mix the mashed potatoes into the cabbage. Add the heavy cream and butter, stirring to combine.
- Crumble and fold the bacon into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.